Friday, November 2, 2007

Prejudice, respect, and other musings

Good God, does it never end! I posted today on a local newspaper forum and my heavens you would think I have laid out the racial gauntlet!
I have never said, "I am not prejudice." Hell, yes, I am! And I will admit it! But my prejudice does not lie along racial lines. I am prejudiced against the PERSON who hides behind the government for assistance and is too lazy to get off their ass and get a job, whines because they may have to actually work for a living like most of us actually do. I am prejudiced against the PERSON who asks for a handout when they are more than capable of assisting themselves. I am prejudiced against the PERSON who thinks I owe them something other than treating them as a human being. Respect must be EARNED, it is not a right.
I did not bring slaves or indentured servants into this country, my ancestors may have. I did not run the Native Americans onto reservations, my ancestors walked with them. My ancestors were treated like crap upon entering this country, just as many others were.
I did not ask for a handout without knowing I would return the favor. I got off my ass and got an education and did not blame ANYONE for what I felt should be mine and was not.
My life is my own making. If I made/make mistakes, it is on my head; I do not blame anyone else.

No comments: